
Today Elanor and I went down to Northwestern to join Kristen for the first ultrasound of her new pregnancy. Elanor was excited by the idea of seeing "special pictures" of the baby in Mommy's uterus. She has decided that it is a sister, and is of the opinion that Skunk would be a good name. While Kristen and I would be be happy with another girl (I don't want to have to get "boy stuff") Skunk is not too high on either of our lists of names... certainly not after he/she is born. We got there (late) and all went well. The word is that the baby is two centimeters long, eight weeks five days old and due on Halloween. Kristen and I were more moved than was Elanor by hearing the heartbeat, by that point in the exam she was ready to play ultrasound tech and press some buttons. After the appointment it was time for Elanor to hold court with Kristen's work friends and then to TGIF for lunch before going home for a much needed nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment