Thursday, March 29, 2007

March 29th 2007 at the zoo.

Elanor and I took a trip to the Brookfield Zoo today. The weather was pretty nice (you will notice that she insisted on taking her coat off) and it is spring break for many of the schools so there were more people there than there have been in months.

We tried parking in the north lot because it is free and to see what we thought. It was too big, too busy and was too different a place to enter for our liking. I think don't that we will make a habit of using it.

Using the north lot started us by the big cats, right before this picture was taken The lion was walking around and roaring. It is always fun to catch the lion doing anything other than laying around.









Next we watched the tiger for a while. Elanor had to provide the sound effects this time: "ROAR!"






Ever since she was a baby Elanor has loved to watch the bubbles in the entry to The Living Coast.










Our girl watching the fish in the cylindrical tank next to her friends the Lookdowns.











It is always fun to watch the penguins.














Hey, there are birds up there.








The ever daring Elanor balances atop the wall and works past the perilous Column.


















A little Sungazer gazing in Feathers and Scales.






This was our second look at the Elephants today, earlier they were inside. It is always more fun to see them outside and it has been months since it was warm enough for them to be out.










"I want to run and run and run."










I don't think that her chin saw that wall coming. Poor girl.









I doubt if a little chin scrape will keep Elanor away from the zoo for long.

No comments: